This award requires a campus nomination.
The Truman Foundation seeks future “change agents” who aspire to leadership positions in federal, state, or local governments or in the not-for-profit and education sectors where they can influence and change public policies and programs.
Eligibility and selection criteria
- Junior (if graduating in four years)
- U.S. citizen
- Leadership potential
- Commitment to a public service career
- Prospects for continuing academic success.
- Up to $30,000 in graduate school funding
- Professional development and networking
While it’s never too soon to talk to a fellowship adviser, students interested in Truman should talk to their fellowship adviser no later than early fall of their junior year.
The campus deadline is in November. The national deadline is in February.