Fellows gather for a multi-day Quad Fellowship Residential Retreat. The 2023 Residential Retreat is held in Australia. Fellows will also participate in virtual programming with accomplished minds in STEM, government, and society, will take part in a tailored mentorship program, will be exposed to research, internship, and career opportunities in the four Quad countries (Australia, India, Japan, or the United States), and will have opportunities to participate in small-group projects focused on Quad priority areas in STEM.
- Be at least 18 years of age at the time of application
- Be citizens or legal permanent residents of Australia, India, Japan, or the United States
- Have a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent
- Have a demonstrated record of superior academic achievement at the undergraduate level
- Prospective Graduate students: Must be applying to eligible STEM graduate programs
- Current Graduate students at U.S. universities: If applicants are currently enrolled in a Master’s or PhD program, they may apply if they will be enrolled in an eligible program during their time as a Fellow
Clinical healthcare degree programs such as doctorates of medicine or Masters of nursing are ineligible.
Each Quad Fellow will receive a one-time award of $50,000 which can be used for tuition, research, fees, books, room and board, and related academic expenses (e.g., registration fees, research-related travel). All Quad Fellows are eligible to apply for separate demonstrated needs-based funding of up to $25,000 to cover costs related to completing graduate-level studies.