The Pre-Med Scholars Program is intended to provide participants with meaningful health care experiences and to strengthen their overall understanding of medicine. In conjunction with the MedOpp Advising Office, scholars will be provided with the resources necessary to improve their candidacy for medical school. We select approximately 20 students to participate annually. For more information, please call 573-882-3893 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Pre-Med Scholars Program offers participants:
- Specialized workshops and informational meetings
- Mentorship with senior pre-med students and current medical students
- Opportunity for hospital volunteering
- Exposure to community service opportunities
- Tips on setting up shadowing experiences
You are invited to apply for admission to the Premed Scholars Program if you have an interest in medicine and have been accepted to the Honors College. To apply to the Honors College, go to honors.missouri.edu/admission. If you are not accepted to the Honors College but still wish to apply to Pre-Med Scholars, be sure to provide additional information in the final question of the application below.
The application link is below. Please be aware that you must finish the application in one sitting and click “submit” in order for it to be complete.
To facilitate completing your application, you will need the following information ready:
- Contact information, including your school and personal email addresses
- High school cumulative GPA
- College cumulative GPA (if applicable)
- Three personal essays (500 word maximum each). Prompts:
- Please submit a personal statement explaining why you are interested in pursuing a career in medicine.
- What experiences have you had thus far that have confirmed medicine is the right choice for you?
- What do you hope to gain from this type of experience, and what you think you can contribute to the program?
- The name of one recommender who will write a letter of support for your application.
Applications are due by February 15, 2020.
Letter of Recommendation
You must have one letter of recommendation in support of your application. The letter may be from a teacher, administrator, employer, physician, or other professional acquaintance. Your recommendation writer will send the letter to email@example.com.