You Don’t Have to Do it Alone
The MedOpp Advising Office provides pre-professional advising for ALL pre-med (allopathic and osteopathic), pre-dental, pre-optometry, pre-podiatry, and pre-physician assistant students at MU.
The MedOpp Advising Office offers co-curricular programming including seminars, workshops and activities that are designed to complement the student’s academic and scholarly achievements in preparation for application to professional programs. Our services include:
- Advice on course selection (after degree planning with your academic adviser)
- Guidance on extracurricular activities to solidify your direction
- Information on applications and professional school admissions tests
- Tips about soliciting letters of recommendation
- Medical and Dental Application Program (MDAP) for students applying to those programs
- Committee Interview and Committee Letter of evaluation for medical and dental applicants
- Information on post-baccalaureate programs
- Information on summer internship opportunities
- Referrals to other university resources
- Connections meetings for students new to the pre-health professions
- Pre-Med Scholars Program
Students are expected to take an active role in preparing for their professional education. We encourage you to attend our seminars and workshops to ensure that you are preparing a strong application to the professional school of your choice.
The MedOpp Advising Office is housed in the Office of Fellowships and Advanced Studies in McReynolds Hall.