Designed for young professionals, the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation’s German Chancellor Fellowship Programme is targeted at university graduates from the United States, the Russian Federation, the People’s Republic of China, Brazil and India who have an international outlook and initial leadership experience. It addresses prospective decision-makers, multipliers and thought leaders from a broad range of professional fields such as politics, public administration and business as well as society and culture. The fellowships give them the opportunity to spend a year in Germany networking with other prospective leaders from abroad, who are also sponsored by the Humboldt Foundation, and to explore new solutions to the global issues of our times. With this programme Germany once again presents itself as a destination of choice for intercultural dialogue and as a meeting place for the international leaders of tomorrow.
The fellowship grant amounts to 2,150 EUR, 2,450 EUR or 2,750 EUR per month, depending on the applicant’s qualifications. The fellowship also includes a mobility allowance as well as a contribution to health and liability insurance. Additional benefits include:
- Allowance for research costs amounting to 500 EUR per month for the hosts in Germany
- Lump sum for the fellow’s travel to and from Germany if these costs are not borne by a third party
- Allowances for family members accompanying the fellow to Germany for a minimum of three months
- German courses in the fellow’s own country prior to the stay in Germany as well as during the stay in Germany to intensify the knowledge of German acquired during the intensive language course
- Europe allowance for a stay of one to two months at an institute in Europe (not, however, in the fellow’s own country) if such a stay is necessary to conduct the project in question, and extensive alumni sponsorship after the stay in Germany has been completed successfully, in particular, to promote networking with the collaborative partners in Germany during the alumni’s entire professional careers
Application Opens: March 15, 2018